These MIDI files were sequenced by Colin Johnson.
The full set of MIDI files can also be downloaded as a ZIP file.
The MP3 links go to short excerpts of these songs recorded by the Victor Light Opera Company in 1909.
ACT I - Arcadia.
- No. 1 - Introduction & Opening Chorus, with solos - "Arcadians are we, Dame Nature blest our birth..."
- No. 2 - Song - Father Time & Chorus - "Since the days before the flood, when the world was mainly mud..."
- No. 3 - Quartet - Sombra, Chrysaea, Strephon & Astrophel - "The shadow-dappled mead is sweet with scent of thyme..."
- No. 4 - Chorus of Fear - "Look, what hovers there above us, hanging on a gigantic wing! ..."
- No. 5 - Song - Sombra - "With a melody enthralling, loud the woodland echoes ring..." [MP3 File]
- No. 6 - Chorus - "All a lie! All a lie! ..."
- No. 7 - Finale Act I - "To all and each, where sin is rife, we go to teach the simple life..."
ACT II - Askwood Races.
- No. 8 - Opening Chorus, and Melos - "That's all over, bar the shouting; A's in clover, B is doubting..."
- No. 9 - Song - Bobbie and Chorus - "I've tried every sort and kind of sport, but racing is quite the best..."
- No. 10 - Song - Eileen and Chorus - "Erin's a spot famous for greenery, but we do not match with our scenery..." [MP3 File]
- No. 11 - Shower Chorus - "This is really altogether too provoking of the weather..."
- No. 12 - Song - Sombra and Chorus - "Far away in Arcady summer never passes..."
- No. 12a - Exit
- No. 13 - Song - Simplicitas - "Dearest, let us hie away together somewhere in the Backwoods of Beyond..."
- No. 14 - Duet - Eileen and Jack - "You're taking such good care of me, I'm not inclined to set you free..." [MP3 File]
- No. 15 - Finale Act II, including The Race - "The horses are out-- see, there they go! ..."
ACT III - The Arcadian Restaurant.
- No. 16 - Opening Chorus - Waitresses - "Plant your posies, rue and roses, flow'rs of ev'ry hue..." [MP3 File]
- No. 17 - Duet - Chrysaea & Percy, with Chorus - "For a month I've braved the dangers in this land of smoke and strangers..."
- No. 18 - Duet - Eileen & Jack - "Tell me when you've got an hour to spare, then we'll fix up when to meet and where..."
- No. 19 - Chorus of Belgravians - "Cheer for Simplicitas, cheer! Tell him Belgravia's here..."
- No. 20 - Song - Simplicitas & Chorus - "You've heard of me, of course; I'm London's latest whim..."
- No. 21 - Quintet - Simplicitas, Jack, Bobbie, etc. - "Though Truth is not in great demand for daily use throughout our land..." [MP3 File]
- No. 22 - Song - Doody - "I've always been, since quite a lad, cheery and gay when things were bad..." [MP3 File]
- No. 22b - Melody
- No. 23 - Finale
Page created 12 October 2004